Skip to main navigation
Skip to main content
- Always lock your door, even if you only leave for a minute.
- Do not allow strangers to tailgate behind you.
- If someone asks to use your phone for emergency purposes, offer to telephone for them instead of allowing them access to your residence and possessions.
- Do not put your address anywhere that a stranger can gain easy access, such as a key chain or hang tag.
- On-campus, call 404-894-2500 to report suspicious activity. Immediately give the dispatcher your location and any pertinent information. If possible, stay on the line until help arrives or the dispatcher terminates the call.
- Use your ATM card during the day. If you must use the machine at night, go to an indoor or otherwise well-lit machine.
- Avoid working or studying alone in a building at night.
- Avoid using stairs in remote sections of a building.
- Never leave valuables unattended.
- Never prop doors open (especially fire doors).
- Advise police of any hazards or security problems.
- Walk with a friend at night.
- Park in a well lit areas near other vehicles or in high-traffic areas.
- Keep valuables in your vehicle out of sight.
- When leaving your vehicle, roll your windows up and lock your doors.