Career Opportunities and Hiring Procedures
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Georgia Tech Police Department. At the Georgia Tech Police Department, we strive for excellence and integrity as we work to provide a safe and secure environment for the Georgia Tech community.
The selection process for our officers is a very competitive and thorough process. The hiring process involves:
- Completion of an online application
- A thorough review of your application package
- Two interviews:
- Initial Panel Interview
- If selected for a second interview, completion of the supplemental hiring package
- At the recommendation of the panel, a second interview with the Chief and/or Command Staff
- A thorough background investigation to include:
- Credit/Criminal/Driving History Review
- Reference Checks
- Polygraph assessment
- After the Conditional Offer:
- Psychological Testing
- Drug Screen
- Physical Exam
The hiring process can take 6-8 weeks to complete. Please be aware that sensitive areas of your background will be investigated during this process. Our goal is to determine if your skills and abilities will fit within the department and ensure that we are hiring the best possible candidate.
Thanks again for your interest joining the Georgia Tech Police Department. For a more detailed look into what the department has to offer please take a moment to review the GTPD “Join Our Force” recruitment brochure. Current positions available within the department can be found on the Georgia Tech Careers website. If you have additional questions please email We wish you much success in your career search! The Georgia Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, religion, age, or disability.